Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Jeans

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When I was little we would wear our jeans until we wore out the knees and then they received patches that were stiff and often a different color blue. Today, my kids have so many pants/jeans that I can't imagine them wearing a whole in anything and if they did, they would be "trendy" anyway. Apparently my husband wore through quite a bit of jeans when he was little because his grandmother made him this quilt which now covers an old Danish modern chair in our boy's room.


I love denim. It's so versatile, which is why I'm talking about it today. Do ou have any old jeans in your closet? Why not "upcycle" some of your older ones to make something new and fresh. Here are a few ideas:




1. New pen wrap from jean scraps, 2. Penguin Shoulder Bag, 3. Recycled Denim Journal, 4. owl and pussycat cushions


These images makes cleaning out your closet a totally different experience huh? Have you ever "upcycled" your denim?  Let me know what you've made. I'd love to hear from you. See ya tomorrow...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground