Around the House: Spring WIPs

Monday, April 19, 2010

WIPs? Yes, works in progress. Spring has inspired me to make new pillows for the living room, clean from top to bottom and make my backyard pretty. And because there are only two days in a weekend, I got about 60% completed.

house cleaned - check.

floors mopped - no go...it rained!

spring pillows - three down, one to go.

pillow #4 in the works using this tutorial but with spring colors - I may give it a little Orla Kiely twist

backyard revival - garland in progress, flowers added (thanks Kathy!)
(side note: I found that 50's roll cart in someone's yard waiting for bulk trash. Gasp!)

garland inspiration for backyard (source lost - help, anyone?)

patio - needs a TON of work:
1. old white & blue kitchen chairs made into benches.
2. table (another bulk trash score) painted white or yellow. thoughts?
3. dish chair recovered.
4. plants/flowers that can stand Texas heat.

bench inspiration via design sponge

Okay, now that I look at my completed list versus my to do list, maybe I'm like 50% complete. Uggh, why does everything always seem to get done so much faster in my head? Pillow #4 and the garland are on my list to complete this week, along with mopping the floors. But I'd rather focus on the fun stuff! How about you? How did you spend your weekend?

PS - I'm working on some really cool stuff to bring you in the next couple of weeks. I'll give you a hint - interviews and guest bloggers. Stay tuned! xo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke
    I think I'm going a bit crazy, I was sure I posted a comment earlier today. Anyway, I just wanted to say I think your house is really lovely and I am very impressed as to how much you achieved over the weekend, I struggle to get one pillow done despite having hubby home on weekends. Can't wait to see the bench.
    All the best
    Engracia
    xx
    PS Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers over the last few days, it really means alot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my project to do list ever gets above 60%-I'm always trying to add something new before the first thing gets done! Drives my husband nuts (= And I love that white bench with the cutouts you have in your backyard-really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look! I made one of your projects, too. This was a christmas gift for my brother and his wife. I love how it came out. :)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bennettars/4229746856/in/set-72157622447766186/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your spring projects, Brooke!! Nice! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground