Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Reclaimed Wood

Wednesday, June 2, 2010


When I first asked my mother-in-law where she thought I could get some old wood pallets she looked at me like I was crazy! But I have wanted to build a daybed for my back patio out of pallets ever since I saw the image below. One word - Breathtaking.



It's hard to believe that so much beauty can be made from reclaimed wood and old wood pallets. I did a little dumpster diving for a pallet that was later broken apart to create a wall tree turned coat rack for a friend's little girl. But seeing all of these images, I want to get my hand on more and begin creating.  I love how imaginative people can be with the resources they have lying around. 

dining table (diy found within the link too)





Ok, help me. I'm drooling. There's so much charm to be found in the recycling of old things. Don't you think? xo

Safety Sidenote: Sometimes the crafts we do and the things that inspire us aren't as safe as we would like them to be. We do live in a fallen world. Please read this article and craft with pallets at your own risk. Above all else, the safety of family takes top priority. There's a lot of information on the web - Pure and Noble is still learning and growing.

5 comments:

  1. so gorgeous! i could do that shelf...maybe? and a person can't have too many bookshelves, now can they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the day bed! You've found some great ideas there Brooke. I love the look of the bookcase. How cool to have a ferris wheel in the bedroom! Shame I have a small room and one wouldn't fit :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a wood pallet chair challenge in ReadyMade a long while ago... there are so many great ideas here! I love that daybed - it would look great outdoors, and you could use your mad sewing skills to make outdoor cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend that made a coffee table like in the first picture but she made it with some wheels instead of legs, it's great because you can move it, and on the top it has a glass. Great ideas!
    Love it!

    Isa

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground