The Cream of the Crop

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hi lovely Pure and Noble readers! My name's Nicole and just like you, I love all the inspiration that Brooke brings to our attention here on this blog. Since one of my favorite things is ice cream, I decided to share a little bit of my love with you today.

DSC_0128

I've been making a whole lot of homemade ice cream lately. I'm pretty sure I'm done with conventional store-bought version with all of it's fillers and artificial ingredients. There's truly nothing like the fresh, creamy taste of your own creation!

First, while we're talking homemade ice cream... my must-have items are simply my trusty KitchenAid ice cream maker bowl and my super sweet Pampered Chef ice cream scooper.

I love to give homemade ice cream as gifts, and when I do, I package it in one of my Sweet Bliss containers before giving it to the lucky recipient.

One of the best things about homemade ice cream is that you can experiment and substitute to your heart's content. I usually modify mine to use less sugar (often honey) and no corn syrup, often basing my recipes off Jeni Britton's method.

Ice Cream Inspiration

A delicious bowl of ice cream is a piece of art by itself, but ice cream inspiration can be found in many other places, too-- handmade items, art, decor, dishes, etc! Here are a few fun ways I've seen artists, designers, and of course, chefs, inspired my favorite dessert.






Embroidered Ice Cream
{A shirt I embellished for a little friend's birthday.}

All I can say is yum, yum.

There's a great round-up of more ice cream goodness over at thekitchn, too.

What's your favorite ice cream?

Bon appetite! And thanks for having me over here on Pure and Noble, Brooke! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground