Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Clutter

Wednesday, February 23, 2011


I like stuff. Not just any stuff...pretty stuff. My husband, likes minimalism. Enter tidyness. It's a must in our home. I was recently quoted in The Nest magazine on a quick tip for storing kids books: I stack them like records in vintage drawers so they can flip through them easily. It makes clean up a snap too.  Here's some other ways to de-clutter your digs.




family memories (time capsules)

mason jars for the bits and bobs



Sooo many great ideas, huh? I also keep my boys toys in clear storage containers organized by toy type. It makes for easy clean up and it's easier for my youngest to find what he needs - I mean, he's 2.5; he can't read labels yet.

What's your favorite de-clutter method? xo

8 comments:

  1. I love being organized, but I can always use some help. These are fun suggestions & pretty photos :) The last one is definitely genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. I especially love the cutlery drawer with knobs. I'm storing this idea for when I move into a much smaller place in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the book idea! Will definitely be putting that one to use as my son gets older. And the spool jewelry holder is beautiful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are all great ideas!! Love the jewelry on spools the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah! the practical genius idea is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great ideas! I especially like the spool jewelry holders, and the repurposed cutlery drawer. Very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! I LOVE the shoe keepsakes thing! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the jewellery idea! Must do! Great blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground