Around the House: Budget Friendly Window Dressing

Monday, May 16, 2011


When natural sunlight filter into my bedroom in the morning, everything seems peaceful and good. I don't know why, but I just love waking up to lovely lighting in our bedroom. One thing I don't like is our original 1950's windows. They're ugly and dirty. After 4 years of looking past the gunk, I decided to give our bedroom windows a little facelift that would still let the light filter in. 

Ikea has these amazing and super affordable curtains that have just the right touch of grey and the perfect weight to keep one's privacy and let in the light. However, after spending $25.00 on the curtains, I just couldn't see myself dropping more cash on curtain rods. Enter - bulk trash rummages. Luckily, I didn't have to go too far, I found some awesome branches in my neighbors trash pile. By simply trimming of the leaves and cutting them down to size, I got the perfect curtain rods.

With 4 black cup hooks from Home Depot (already in my tool box) and my favorite tool, the electric drill, I had my curtain hung in 10 minutes!
vinyl coated cup hooks (mine are in black)




The pics are a bit blurry (more of a crafter than I am photographer) but hopefully you can see how easily the branches just drop into the hooks. It's so easy and cheap - my fave! xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground