Weekly Challenge: June Cleaver Style

Friday, September 2, 2011


School is in full swing now. For the past two weeks I've done my best to welcome my sweet Jude home June Cleaver style. Do you remember on Leave It to Beaver that whenever the boys came home from school June would have a snack for them?  Usually fresh baked cookies. Being that cookies aren't the most wholesome of snacks, I've tried to provide healthier options. Don't get me wrong, fresh baked cookies were on the menu for days 1 and 2, I'm not a saint ya know. 

insects (we traded out peanut butter for yogurt and cheese)
apple nachos (minus the nuts)
fruit nachos (yogurt or peanut butter is delish)

popcorn

I'm sure more ideas will surface the more I get into this. I hope I don't putter out while trying to keep their tanks full! As we devour our goodies, we sit at the kitchen table, talk about our day and do homework - all of us. It's a great way to catch up and get Liam geared up for school.  Happy Weekend. xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground