Round Top Round Up

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

 
Dazed and confused, I arrived back in Dallas with a carload of goodies. I could have purchased so much more, but the thrifty and practical side of me just mostly absorbed the experience.

Day one was filled with scoping things out, dinner and a Junk Gypsy party at Zapp's. I have to be honest, I felt like the ugly girl at prom in the wrong dress! This party was a HUGE event - we didn't get the memo. Next year you can bet I'll be donning some sequins and a head-dress. Truly, I have never experienced anything like this in my entire life. I think I saw more cowboy boots at this event than I have in all my years of living in Texas. Wow. The standard fare? Tutus and cowboy boots.
Day two, serious shopping was to be had. And oh my, did we shop!
 (check out the super cutie above - she had the most original style there)
(yeah, glitter on wasps nests - what the?)
At the end of our night we went to an awesome little restaurant in Brenham and got to listen to this dude...he's played with so many amazing people, including Johnny Cash! Hello - so cool!

My two cents...skip Marburger Farms and stick to Warrington. Better deals are to be had in Warrington and there's a much greater selection. We kind of felt like since we were in Disney Land, we had to see Mickey Mouse. Well, Mickey was a major disappointment. Next year we'll skip Marburger, pack our sequins and be ready for anything! This is truly an experience that should be had by any junk/vintage lover. Round Top, I think I love you.  xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground