Mommy Style: Inspired

Thursday, March 22, 2012


If you read Sincerely, Jules, you will either be shaking your head in agreement with what I have to say today or you'll be bored to tears. This girl inspires the mommy jeans right off of me. She is the most incredible mix-master and can rock a pair of chucks like nobody's business. 

I used to follow several style blogs and they all made me feel like I was either a slob or a slacker for being a stay-at-home mommy. But Jules... well, she works in enough casual and playful style, with loads of wearable flats, that actually makes me feel like I can rise to the occasion of being cute while being a mommy.  I know; she's not a mom, she's a stylist. And yes, there are lots of things about her style that would never work for me, but that doesn't stop me from drawing inspiration from her.

From sequin skirts to flowy silky shirts, this convinces me that chucks can go with anything.
Layers and comfy shoes are the key for a simple, yet statement making ensemble.
No, I don't see myself riding a bike or having a picnic at the Arboretum in a skirt, but all of these are very doable looks that can be worn running around the city checking items off of my to do list. And here's where it gets even better... if my outfit is this cute, I think it will completely detract from the food, blood or paint stains that may be added at any time throughout the day. Do you agree? xo
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground