Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Vintage Club Pots

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I'm not quite sure how I became the proud owner of my large vintage Club pot, but it's mine and I love it. It's perfect for soups and chili. So when the knob/handle recently broke, I tried my best to make do with a makeshift knob made of pipe cleaners. Needless to say, that didn't work for long. And then recently, at an estate sale, I found Club lids for $1.00 each. Score! Replacement knobs sell for $5.99 on ebay. Crazy.

Here's the thing... I didn't need the lids. Just the knobs. And since they are the beautiful vintage turquoise color, I knew I needed to find something to do with them. Hmmm... 2 lids. One big, one small. Bam... bird feeder! I went through all of my husbands tools searching for the parts I needed. Not much luck there - 3 washers and a hook. Lowe's to the rescue.
This long bolt like connector thingy (technical term) allowed me to attach the hook and the long screw, providing just the right amount of space for the birds to fly in and fill their bellies.
On the smaller lid, I attached the long screw with a bolt, washer and a covered bolt.
 I tightened everything with my husband's handy wrench and voila... bird feeder.
I might need to move it from it's current location (I think birds need a safe bush or tree close by to retreat to when they sense danger). Not sure yet. But, all I lack now is some bird food. I do hope they come. I hung it right outside out kitchen window for easy viewing. Here's to hoping that only birds eat out of this one and the squirrels stay away!

Do any of you happen to know anything about birds and feeders? This will be my third attempt to attract birds and NOT squirrels. Help! xo

(And PS - yes, when I look at those pot lids, pre-feeder, all I can think of is boobies. It's the 10 year old in me I guess. Geez. I need to grow up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground