Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Easter Jars

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

From salsa jars to Easter jars, I had no idea this project would be so easy... I know, you've seen it a million times on Pinterest, Martha Stewart and everything in between, but man is this project easy and cute. All you need is some empty jars, a few plastic animals from the dollar store and spray paint. Oh, and the ever faithful hot glue gun. How could I forget that?

Simply wash out your jars (remove any labels), hot glue the animals onto your lids and spray paint. I chose 2 sheep and a donkey for Easter...  in honor of The Good Shepherd.
You could fill these jars with anything! My little jars will be in lieu of baskets this year, hence the candy. For the bunny on my bigger jar, I took some left over balsa wood pieces and made a bunny. Once I hot-glued the ears, I wrapped it in yarn. I think it would also be fun to paint it white and turn it into Miffy. (Maybe I'll make that tomorrow, making the ears stand a bit more upright.)
Y'all this project was so fun and easy. I did it in less than an hour - drying time and all.  And when my boys saw them they went nuts! Even the hubs commented. Whoa! That is serious stuff right there and all of it cost me less than $2.00, candy excluded. Hoppy Easter. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground