Motherhood

Friday, May 9, 2014

It changed everything. That pink plus sign. My heart stopped and then it started beating quickly and moving it's way up my throat! I was going to be a Mom. No, not a "Mom." I was going to be someone's Mommy. That very moment is when the adventure of my life began.
Not every moment has been a gift, but the ups and downs have changed me for the better. Yes, there were (and still are) moments when I wanted to run for the hills - like the time I sat on a plane for 2.5 hours with a screaming toddler and didn't have the presence of mind to by my fellow travelers a round of drinks. Or when my newborn would sleep for a max of 30 minutes in between feedings for the first five weeks of his life and I thought I might hurt myself or my children. By God's grace, and with the help of community, I got through the really low lows. And for every difficult season there has been a wellspring of joy. The happiness that fills my home and my heart is like no other. From that first introduction followed by sweet baby smells and cuddles to the silly milestones of losing teeth and tying their own shoes... Mommyhood is a celebration of life. Life in it's purist simplest, hardest, rawest form.
I am a Mommy. I wipe bottoms. (Not anymore thank you sweet Jesus.) I wipe tears. I prepare lunches. I don't get much sleep. I am often a pack mule. I get 2-3 hours "off" on a good day. I rarely take vacations. And I LOVE IT. It is the best job in the world. I am so grateful for my little nuggets and the way they grow me. Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there. You are one seriously badass breed of people! Much love and mad props. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... You! I think you are the tops for showing the comment love! Thank you for your comments and support. It means so very much. If you leave a comment, you will find the reply in comments as well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground